APPLYING VARNISH AND OIL TO WOODEN HANDLES
Some of our handle models have wooden details that require occasional maintenance. The main finishing materials that we use for wooden details are Teknos HELO AQUA special varnishes that are water-borne and durable.
- dries fast;
- has M1 classification;
- is low-odour;
- does not yellow;
- can be tinted with Teknos translucent colours.
Follow these steps for maintenance varnishing of wooden details of door handles.
- Remove loose dirt and dust from the surface.
- Wash surfaces with RENSA SUPER paint cleaner and mildewed surfaces with RENSA FACADE facade and mildew cleaner.
- Treat wooden surfaces with WOODEX AQUA BASE priming oil.
- Allow to dry for about 8 hours.
- Apply HELO AQUA 80 varnish to damaged areas. Allow to dry for about 2 hours.
- Finish the surfaces with one to two coats of HELO AQUA 20 semi-matt or 40 semigloss varnish.
- Allow to dry for about 2 hours between coats.
We apply OSMO 420 oil to wooden handles that are meant for saunas.
Natural oil-based Osmo 420:
- allows the wooden part of the handle to breathe;
- protects wood from greying;
- increases the water resistance of wood;
- does not contain biocides or preservatives;
- is safe for humans, plants and animals.
Follow these steps for maintenance oiling of wooden details of door handles.
- Clean surfaces with Osmo Wash and Care (Wisch-Fix 8016) cleaning concentrate, sand if necessary.
- Apply a thick coat of Osmo 420 oil to the wooden part of the handle.
- After a few minutes, remove excess oil from the wooden handle.